Tuesday, July 15, 2014

P90X DAY 147: Yoga & Chest/Back AND Resisting the Temptation to Eat to "Feel Better."

CHECK OUT MY RAMBLING ON VARIOUS OTHER FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA.
 photo indexrt_zps7787c3ad.jpg photo index2_zps0bdfffdc.jpgInstagram photo index_zps8d145472.jpg photo bbbb_zps1056f35c.jpg photo 4444_zpsd7c5bc27.jpg 

Today was actually one of my most challenging days I have had, since I started P90X. I prefer NOT to use this blog to whine about stuff. Don't get me wrong. I COMPLAIN about stuff, A LOT, though usually just in a crotchety old man sort of way. And I try to keep it light and force in some attempts at humor. Albeit poor attempts.

The Challenge lies in the fact, that this is/was just a tough day. A couple of months really. I suppose it's been building up. And I let it happen. I just been taking a beating all around, stuff not going right at work. Things going wrong with the house. Despite my amazing wife's attempts to cheer me up, I actually found myself depressed. Maybe depressed. I don't want to make light of depression. Plus, I felt hesitant to even post it, because in a lot of ways it's trivial. People are always going through something more trying. But, I definitely was feeling stressed and somewhat lost. If that makes any sense.

When it came time for Chest/Back all I wanted to do was drink beer and shovel a bunch of food into my mouth. It's weird how even now, I thought to myself, "food'll make me feel better." Just goes to show it's still a struggle, no matter what day you are on.

With that in mind. I forced myself down stairs. Forced myself to push play and forced myself not to eat a bucket of ice cream or whatever else that would have come into my line of vision.

When I started in February. This would NOT have happened. I know it. I would have bagged the workout. Ate a small village. Then. Felt even worse about myself.

I included this today, really just to show, there's always going to be some bad days. And that's when we have to push the hardest to get through it.

It's not easy. I doubt it will ever be easy. BUT. It does get easier. Keep going.

I thought this clip was sort of appropriate:

STUFF FOR 7/14/14
Yoga
Just the first half hour.

Chest/Back
 photo chestback1_zps8f8de9f6.jpg photo photo_zpsd894630d.jpg photo photo_zps149a26d0.jpg

OTHER STUFF
Hand Grips   
20lbs x20 Each Hand x2
20lbs Inverted x20 Each Hand x2
150lbs x8 Each Hand x3
200lbs x5 Each Hand x3 
200lbs Inverted x5 Each Hand x3 
250lbs Negatives (Hold for 5 sec) Each Hand x3

Walk
2 Miles 

FOOD
Breakfast
(2) Waffles with Butter/Syrup
 Lunch
Salad with Chicken in it. No Dressing
Snack
Pretzels
Dinner
Turkey and Cheese Sandwich on Rye


 

No comments:

Post a Comment